This little British owned bomber was ditched in the Bay of Firth in November 1943. She was located in the 1980’s by a local scallop diver and a RN diving club subsequently located and dived her in 1987 and recovered certain artefacts, including the rear cockpit canopy.
Today the wreck lies in a silty area of the Bay in about 12m depth. Although most of the outer skin seems to have rotted away, there are still many recognisable features including the propeller, radial engine, wings and landing gear. The machine guns, which were built into the wings, are still visible too.